Alea Iacta Est
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World's Past

+6
The Papal States
Nunga-Martu Federation
Kalmar Union
Texan Federation
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Seljuk Empire
10 posters

Go down

The World's Past Empty The World's Past

Post  Seljuk Empire Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:22 pm

I know it was covered briefly in another topic, but is the world we're role playing in totally blank or, like EE, did it branch off somewhere in the past?

Also, blank slate or not, are prominent figures like Vladimir Lenin, Adolf Hitler, and Christopher Columbus even mentioned in historical texts? Or are they still around, but perhaps not in the same role they were in actual history?

Just some questions, perhaps some brain storming or ideas could be had with this.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

The World's Past Empty Re: The World's Past

Post  Azrael Malak-al-Maut Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:32 pm

I don't necessarily see it as necessary to have the history branch off somewhere. If the RPers necessarily want this to branch off, it should be at some point in the 18th century or so at latest. Everything after that is too soon to cause major shifts in national borders.

I guess real people would have existed, but either not in the way they are known in the real world or as representatives of anyone who happens to snatch a plot where someone has made their impact in. For example whoever gets the western part of Spain would be entitled to have Columbus if we choose that Columbus did indeed discover America.

In order to get some background, I'd propose that you would fill your national history as far back as 1850 or so. That should give everyone something to do at the very least.

Wrong forum, by the way. Razz Moved it to Forum Upkeep where it belongs.
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Admin

http://aleaiactaest.power-rpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Texan Federation Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

I plan to make the Texan Federation basically be a Texas that won the Texan-Mexican War and managed NOT to become part of the US. Assuming there IS a US in this.
Texan Federation
Texan Federation

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:48 pm

That's a fair answer. I wanted to know so I could work on a history, so probably everything before 1800 will be vague for the sake of simplicity.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalmar Union Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm

So can I roleplay the existence of Marx? Can he still be the founder of Communism?
Kalmar Union
Kalmar Union

Back to top Go down

Post  Azrael Malak-al-Maut Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:45 am

Yes, you can roleplay Marx as being there and founding communism if you necessarily wish.
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunga-Martu Federation Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:21 am

Well basically the idea behind my country, Nunga-Martu Federation, is that in 1901, the British colonies did not federate and become the Commonwealth of Australia.
Basically, to keep it simple for now, the local Aboriginal people of the south & west were against the idea, protested/rioted, and the local settlers, led by those in South Australia(who were the only free colonists and not convicts sent out here to serve their sentences) decided to form their own federation/country, as they saw it as an opportunity to break ties with the British Crown, where joining with the rest of the colonies to create an Australian federation, would keep them under the Crowns thumb.
Nunga is the term used by Aboriginals in the southern part of south Australia to refer to them selves, and Martu/Mardu is one of the tribes in the west.
I'm not expecting animosity with anyone who decides to play a "Britain" or the rest of "Australia", as the process was done peacefully without blood shed. But that will all depend on the players who may take those plots.
Nunga-Martu Federation
Nunga-Martu Federation

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I've mentioned this in a few of my posts, mostly vague but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on something:

In this universe, did something along the lines of a World War I happen? I, personally, think it would makes sense, explaining some of the technology we have and the massive importance placed on a navy. Also, it could make it easier for some countries to explain how they are the way they are.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Azrael Malak-al-Maut Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:31 am

Well, taking that people are seemingly ripping off mostly real history in any case, we might as well have a World War in the past, but that's really for the regular members to decide and not me as one person. I wanted this forum to be a completely new world with just the WW2 tech, but now that people are clearly taking so damn much from real history, I don't really care anymore. Razz
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunga-Martu Federation Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:27 am

Well it wouldn't really work for my self having world war 1 occured, at least not exactly as it did in real life.
Because Australia sent forces as part of the British Commonwealth, and as Australia does not exist here, it wouldn't make sense. Especially as my nation was created to 'break' ties with the Crown, it wouldn't make sense saying that Nunga-Martu sent troops to fight for Britain.

So a world war, yes. But our own version of world war 1.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
Nunga-Martu Federation
Nunga-Martu Federation

Back to top Go down

Post  The Papal States Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:16 am

I'm role-playing a world where the various city-states of Italy never united to form a single country, and were instead gradually annexed by the Papal States. At the end of a 'Great War', we basically mopped up the last remaining Italian states (who had sided with the losers). The PS also set up a client state in Albania after the war, and later annexed it, supposedly in order to protect the Albanians from Seljuk influence.
The Papal States
The Papal States

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Nunga-Martu Federation wrote:Well it wouldn't really work for my self having world war 1 occured, at least not exactly as it did in real life.
Because Australia sent forces as part of the British Commonwealth, and as Australia does not exist here, it wouldn't make sense. Especially as my nation was created to 'break' ties with the Crown, it wouldn't make sense saying that Nunga-Martu sent troops to fight for Britain.

So a world war, yes. But our own version of world war 1.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Luckily for you, you're so far off, that you could have ignored a conflict like that. So it works out for you, if you decided not to be a part of it.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lusitania Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, the basis of my nation is that Rome lost the Lusitania War, and many wars following that, never fully dominating western Iberia (though eventually, we did adopt Latin and became trade partners/subservient).

If possible, I'd like to play the role that Spain played IRL, concerning South America?
Lusitania
Lusitania

Back to top Go down

Post  Zapatista Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 pm

I find that to be actually really cool.
Zapatista
Zapatista

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Lusitania wrote:Well, the basis of my nation is that Rome lost the Lusitania War, and many wars following that, never fully dominating western Iberia (though eventually, we did adopt Latin and became trade partners/subservient).

If possible, I'd like to play the role that Spain played IRL, concerning South America?

Sounds interesting. I possess the Caribbean, so maybe we could do something, perhaps our own, later version of the Spanish-American War. We can RP that, or say it happened. Just an idea if you're aiming to be "Spain", but I think that's cool you're willing to do something in South America, that gives the people down there people to interact with.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Zapatista Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm

So when does Operation Antarctic land grab begin?
Zapatista
Zapatista

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:35 pm

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, where did the Falkland Islands go? They're gone! Lol.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  L'iao Biella Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:37 pm

Speaking of island chains, do I have control of the Canary Islands?
L'iao Biella
L'iao Biella

Back to top Go down

Post  Lusitania Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:12 pm

And I of the Azores?
Lusitania
Lusitania

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunga-Martu Federation Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Zapatista wrote:So when does Operation Antarctic land grab begin?

That would be more an ice grab Razz
Nunga-Martu Federation
Nunga-Martu Federation

Back to top Go down

Post  Acadian Commonwealth Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Well I'm planning to RP a seemingly faltering commonwealth in eastern Canada, with a majority population of French-Canadians. General premise is that the British lost the 7 Year War in N. America, resulting in mass expulsions of Anglophones out west, back to Europe, or southbound to the American colonies. Acadian and Quebecois happiness was shortlived, as French forces began to crackdown on any sign of self-determination movements. After a brutal suppression of a public rally, the colonies band together and fight a war against the monarchy, which eventually leads to the independence of Acadia and Quebec. The two agree to merge under the name of the Acadian Commonwealth, for the sake of both peoples. There's a few cultural differences and some animosity between the Acadians and Quebecois (think Germans/Austrians), however much scapegoating is directed towards the minority Anglophone population.
Acadian Commonwealth
Acadian Commonwealth

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunga-Martu Federation Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:45 am

^^ That could be tied in to a world war scenario for the world history.
Could tie my nation into that too, with the British.
Nunga-Martu Federation
Nunga-Martu Federation

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 am

Nunga-Martu Federation wrote:^^ That could be tied in to a world war scenario for the world history.
Could tie my nation into that too, with the British.

So far, so good. It seems everyone is able to link up their histories or make something work... all that remains is for me to, maybe, work something out with L'iao Biella in the Middle East, and the Texan Federation in North America.
Seljuk Empire
Seljuk Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum