Puppet Nations

Go down

Puppet Nations

Post  Seljuk Empire on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am

I looked over the rules and I did not see any real limit on puppets, outside of not annexing your own puppet or something, which is fine. But what I wanted to know is, is there other limits for puppets that should be known and discussed? Such as:

- Can someone have their main nation and a puppet in the same alliance?
- Can someone have their main nation and a puppet using each other to benefit themselves?
- How many puppets should we have?

Those are the three biggest questions I have, so if anyone wants to throw in their two cents, have at it.

Seljuk Empire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puppet Nations

Post  Azrael Malak-al-Maut on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 am

I guess that this so called "anyone" is me.

- Can someone have their main nation and a puppet in the same alliance?
- I guess they could, but it would be a major bitchfest in the aftermath of any conflicts. If you decide to have puppets with your main nation in an alliance, it should be heavily moderated in order to avert the possibility of having you take advantage in conflicts due to your puppet's presence. That doesn't necessarily mean the puppet/main nation should be neutral or against the other nation at all times, however.
What I'm more worried about is the conflict of interest when puppets join other alliances and you get clearance to both alliances' sub-forums.

- Can someone have their main nation and a puppet using each other to benefit themselves?
- They are nations on the planet after all and it would be illogical for them not to have trade or diplomatic relations that wouldn't benefit at least one side. As long as you keep the relations realistic and the gain within reason, it should be okay. This is another one of those "members themselves mod this" situations where all the members are more responsible for keeping each others on leash than what I could be due to my personal conflict of interest.

- How many puppets should we have?
- I don't feel it necessary to limit things too harshly. Two or three should, however, surmise as a limit in order to keep the map clear for newcomers if/when there will be newcomers.

Azrael Malak-al-Maut
Admin

View user profile http://aleaiactaest.power-rpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunga-Martu Federation on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:14 pm

I think we should restrict the way in which puppets can be used.
There should be no contact IC between a main and puppet nation. It would be a conflict of interest, and in the case something does occur, OOC bitch fest would be enormous.
Nunga-Martu Federation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seljuk Empire on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 pm

I don't think it'd be totally possible for a main nation and a puppet nation to ignore each other, especially if one or the other was in an alliance, participating in a summit, or something. I agree with the Admin in that, as long as it's reasonably realistic, it should be fine. I just wanted to get everyone's take on this.

And I only think an OOC bitchfest would happen is if, obviously, someone was blatantly taking advantage of things. But this is why we have Admins/Mods, to keep such things in check, right?

Seljuk Empire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum