Confederate-Acadian Talks

Go down

Confederate-Acadian Talks

Post  C.S.A. on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 pm

The capital city of Montreal was cold, typical weather for the Canadian wilderness. However, the northern neighbors were potentially powerful allies, be it for trade or military alliances, and so naturally they were given a special priority under President Davis's administration, and so a little cold would be endured for the sake of diplomacy.

Acadian Ambassador Walter Wallace emerged from his vehicle as he made his final adjustments to his black leather trench coat. He would look as professional as possible with his articles of clothing, considering the Quebec-esque natives were a culturally classy people, to do anything short of perfection would be an utter and unnecessary insult. But it was difficult to maintain a sense of dignity with his Southern twang, a dialect that cursed most Confederate citizens. "It's dead'er than'uh hooker 'n a back alleyway out here!"

Last edited by C.S.A. on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Confederate-Acadian Talks

Post  Acadian Commonwealth on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm

It took a few hours for the Confederate ambassador to arrive, but Roche Leclaire was apathetic. It kept him away from the nagging wife, even if for a few hours of doing nothing. By the time Mr. Uma had made his way into the building, Leclaire had tossed the fourth coffee-stained Styrofoam cup into the garbage. Extending his right hand, the Acadian smiled heartily. "Welcome to Mo'réal, Monsieur Wallace." His English was accented, but otherwise impeccable. "I am Roche Leclaire, representative of the foreign ministry. I believe we have some matters to attend to?

Last edited by Acadian Commonwealth on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acadian Commonwealth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  C.S.A. on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 pm

(OOC: Damnit, I mixed my Seljuk ambassador with my C.S.A. one. I'll edit it, but it should be Walter Wallace. Sin Uma is the Seljuk ambassador to the A.C. Also, as stated in my first post, this is set in your capital of Montreal.)

Taking and shaking hands with Roche Leclaire, the Southerner smiled and nodded. "Thank ya, good sir. It's a mighty fine pleasure to be here an' all, but the weather is a lil' rough on the rawhide skin." He would release his hand, then continue with the conversation. "Indeed, we do! I'm here on official business from one of our boys, the President 'imself, Mr. Davis. He insists we strike some kind of agreement, perhaps, if it tickles our fancies, an alliance... but the agreement is the first and primary goal."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Acadian Commonwealth on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

The Acadian smiled warmly. "Of course, Monsieur Wallace. Chancellor Vallières had the same thing in mind..."

Laclaire seated himself comfortably, and shuffled through a small stack of forms on his desk. "We wish to form a strong North America. A continent dedicated to the freedom and liberty of all peoples, but also more than capable to fight off existential threads. There are several things on the agenda...firstly, what exactly are the C.S.A.'s intentions towards the commonwealth?"
Acadian Commonwealth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  C.S.A. on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:07 am

The Confederate would do his best to hide a cringe at the mention of 'all peoples', but holding his composure he would nod, then proceed to answer the last part of the Acadian's question. "Well... quite simply, sir, the Confederate States of America seeks better economic relations with anyone, especially those who share common borders. It only makes sense, and it contributes to maintaining a healthy population and preventing border tensions, perhaps even allowing a dual growth from both parties involved. I would rather have a dependable neighbor than a competitive one, there is no need for a Cold War of sorts, it strains the economy in the long run. In short, the Confederacy's intentions are to receive and to provide economic benefits to the Acadian Commonwealth, as well as strive for some sort of alliance or agreement, be it economical, political, or militarily."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum